Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sick in China

So I've finally developed a full-blown cold, complete with chest congestion. I'm trying to take it easy, but that's hard to do when one teaches 6 classes. Taking a sick day around here is more trouble than it's worth -- tons of red tape and every class missed needs to be rescheduled for a later date. It's almost like they want to kill off foreign teachers or something.

But, my students are very sweet. They are concerned about me. One of them, upon hearing my croaking voice and my hacking cough, said, "Runningburro, I have some Tylenol in my dorm room. Maybe I could go get it for you?" Another wanted to make me tea with honey. Many of them told me that I should go home and get some rest -- which I intend to do right now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey! I have got to get you into the immunics stuff.
it's at www.immunics.org

it's easy and you can whack most colds before they start.

xo! get some rest!
:-)

Anonymous said...

If you really come home...I will make you my homemade chicken soup and rolls... take care of yourself! I am thinking of you Love you lots

Jonathan Benda said...

The former native Chinese speaker swears by propolis (is that how you spell it? It's bee's wax ...something or other....) as a way to prevent colds. It seems to work for her, and I've tried it when I've started getting colds. It seems to help...