Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Mum ROCKS!

I have always loved the US Postal Service. When I was a kid, my favorite building in Greenville was the post office in town. So big, so cool, so efficient and quiet. But now that I'm overseas, "snail mail" from the USA takes on a whole new value. I have to say, I really love seeing these boxes with my name on them:



Today, I received the above box in the mail. It's a carton of goodies that my parents mailed to me about 4 weeks ago, and it is a nice physical reminder of home. My mum picked out the goodies -- all kinds of treats. Jolly Ranchers. Chai tea mix. Tom's of Maine toothpaste. My favorite decongestant. Gummi Worms. Peanut Butter Cookies (Keebler Brand). And, best of all, CoCo Wheats!!!


If you haven't had CoCo Wheats, they're coco-infused farina.
Totally yummy with a bit of sugar.


And being the good grandmum that she is, she didn't forget Jameson. The kitty got soft cat food and Special Kitty cat treats.

The only casualty in the shipment was the peanut butter cookies. By the time the box arrived, they looked like they'd tried to cross a busy Chinese street and failed:


But, I am still gonna eat them anyway. That's what spoons are for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are enjoying the treats... I guess I will have to send something more substantial than the peanutbutter cookies....love ya

Sister P said...

Mom's are great! Consider yourself among the blessed! Just stopping by, I hit "next blog" and found you.
-Peace