Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lunch for $2.40

This is what I had for lunch:



Chilie Tofu and some kind of fried pancake thingie with chopped veggies in it. The meal cost 18 RMB, which is about $2.40 at today's exchange rate. I should mention that I ate this meal at a restaurant with table service -- a nice place.*

Notice there's no white rice. They don't serve that unless you ask for it. And even if you ask for it, they often bring it at the end of the meal -- people here tend to view white rice as a filler, something you eat at the end of the meal after the meat, veggies, and other stuff.

*This restaurant is a local chain and has 4 locations in the city. Their specialty is dumplings, but the dumpling menu is all in characters, and I can't tell what's what. So, I ordered items that were pictured in the menu. The point-and-order method. Next time I am taking a dictionary with me to try and figure out the dumpling menu.

1 comment:

mryonker said...

I see you slurped your soup down before you had a mind to snap the pic. :)

And I'm proud you didn't crap yourself in the face of the dog fight. D certainly would have. :) LOL!!