Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Countdown Day 7: Vending Machine Update

A while back I posted about the new vending machines we got on campus. When they arrived, it was a pretty big deal because they were the ONLY vending machines on campus. There literally was nowhere to purchase a cold beverage -- or any beverage, for that matter -- within a half mile radius before they arrived.

I also shared with you email that was sent out that encouraged us to purchase a certain amount of beverages per month so that the college would fulfill its sales contract with the beverage distributors.

I suspect that you've all been on the edge of your seats wondering if the college was able to pull together as a team and down enough corn syrup-laden beverages to keep the machines on campus. Well, the verdict is in. Take a look at the latest vending machine email, which was sent out last week to all faculty, staff, and students:

--------------------------------------
Dear all,

Please be informed that you have consumed enough quota of soft drinks from the vending machines provided by Coca Cola in last month. There will be no problem to keep them in this College. Thanks for your support.

Mr. Man
Director of General Affairs

--------------------------------------

I must admit that I can't take credit for this rousing success; I only purchased one Coke. Clearly I am not a team player.

So, you can all breathe easy knowing that our campus, at least for now, is rolling in Coke products. I'm wondering, though, what will happen during the summer months when there are no students around. . .

2 comments:

mryonker said...

All I can say is:

THE DOTS ARE BACK!!!

All is right with the world. Amen.

susansinclair said...

Yum, corn-syrup-laden beverages! (I indulged myself in a Coke slushee at the movies the other night...tastiness...)