Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tragedy Strikes

No, I'm not talking about the continuing cold weather here. I am talking about my computer . . . that died.

My hard drive bit the dust, taking with it all my files. I did back up my files daily to an external hard drive, but for some reason I cannot access them with my new computer. What the hell is an incremental backup, anyway?

Needless to say, I have been in the most unpleasant mood and am ready to sacrifice a goat or two to the gods if that would help my situation improve.

Anyway, if you've emailed me in the past week or so and I haven't gotten back to you, that's why. I hope to have everything up and running in a few days.

I am getting ready to call apple support. They have a China number. Any bets on whether they speak English or not?

Update: Thanks to the help of my fabulous-computer-genius brother, I was able to recover my files. It certainly pays to have one of those in the family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sis,

aren't brothers wonderful?!! MOM