Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fun with Chinese Signs, Part II

On an evening walk through Tangjia (a village close to where we live), I spotted this sign (as always, click to embiggen).



What caught my eye was the smiling rubber (see it in the white "halo" effect?), which I at first thought was a creative addition by some clever graffiti artist. Then, when I spotted a second smiling rubber forming the "L" of the "Be Love" message, I realized that it was part of the sign's design.

Of course, I still can't figure out what's being advertised. It's kind of creepy, though.

3 comments:

mryonker said...

Holy crap. Your life is surreal...it's like you live in a science fiction where everything you know to be good and true is turned on its head. Not reversed, mind you--but really, really messed with.

B got our passport apps yesterday. :)

Anonymous said...

Is there a big market in China of 0.03mm smiling rubbers?

Anonymous said...

the sign probably says that these condoms are lead free